Dates and hours
From July 14th to August 31st 2019
10 am -1 pm and 2-6 pm
Free entry and access to disabled people
Pôle Expérimental Métiers d’Art de Nontron et du Périgord-Limousin
Château, av. du Général Leclerc 24300 NONTRON
05 53 60 74 17 – firstname.lastname@example.org
For the 24th Knife Festival, the Périgord Nontronnais Community of Communes, the association “La Passion des Couteaux” and the Experimental Pole of Arts and Crafts have organized a COMPETITION OF KNIFE CREATION open to professional cutlery manufacturers.
The knife chosen as winner of the competition will be acquired by the Community of Communes and will be part of the permanent collection of the Blades and Metals space.
EXTRACT OF THE COMPETITION REGULATION:
- The knife proposed will have to respond to the theme “A knife Inspiration Nature”. This theme can be approach openly and relatively freely.
- The value of the knife should not exceed 500 € including all taxes (Five hundred euros)
- The length of the knife should not exceed 24 cm. The folding knives should not 24 cm when opened.
- The jury will appoint a laureate “First Prize of the Kife Festival 2019” on different criteria: aesthetics, originality, match with the theme, quality and mastery of knowhow.
- The laureate of the competition will be designates on Saturday, August 3rd 2019 during the Knife Festival official opening
The cutlery manufacturers participating:
Eric Albarado, La Coutellerie nontronnaise, Sylvain Berthommé – Farol, Philippe Boyrie, Nathalie Robin – Coutellerie Le Cellois, Hervé Manoury, Thierry Desnoix, Coutellerie Le Périgord