In practise :
August Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 2023
Saturday : 10 am – 7 pm
Sunday : 10 am – 6 pm
City center, Parking Anatole France, 24300 Nontron
ENTRY 1 DAY: 5 € – PASS 2 DAYS : 7 €
Free for less than 16 years old
Information: Office de Tourisme Périgord Nontronnais – +33(0)5 53 56 25 50 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for workshops: Pôle Expérimental des Métiers d’Art de Nontron et du Périgord-Limousin – email@example.com – +33 (0)5 53 60 74 17
Organisation : firstname.lastname@example.org – +33(0)6 26 36 64 55
The 27th edition of the Knife Festival in Nontron will occur on August 5 and 6 2023.
We are pleased to welcome you this year with:
– Numerous new cutlery manufacturers
– Numerous demonstrations
– A competition of cutlery creation on the theme “My ideal kitchen knife”
– A new competition for young cutlery manufacturers – Sud-Ouest prize
– Numerous propositions of workshops for young and adults
For 27 years, the cradle of the most ancient folding knife of France celebrates the multiple aspects of the millennial art of the cutlery art. In Nontron, in the heart of North Dordogne, around a hundred cutlery manufacturers, craftsmen, creators and resellers who come from the entire world gather in order to share their passion with the public. The knife festival welcomes renown cutlery manufacturers and put under the spotlight talented young creators.
You will be able to obtain exceptional knives but also and above all to discover the art of cutlery through numerous animations all along the week-end: knife, axe and shuriken throwing, iron fabrication in a furnace, engraving, forge, scrimshaw, knife assembly and demonstrations of cutting.
On August Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 this is the entire city which will be animated with an arts and crafts market, concerts and a meal with some cutlery manufacturers.
Making a knife is a long and delicate process. The cutlery manufacturer needs a lot of time and knowhow to create the object imagined. You will be able to discover numerous demonstrations for this 27th occasion of the Knife Festival.
- Knife and axe throwing with Pascal BOUCREUX, world champion of knife and axe throwing.
Pascal Boucreux will propose demonstrations of throwing with some of his students.
- Shuriken throwing with Mickaël AUGER, martial arts champion
Mickaël Auger will allow the public to discover the shuriken throwing, knowhow of Japanese ninjas.
- Throwing of unusual objects with Paulo SIMOES
Paulo SIMOES is a regular participant of the Knife Festival and he will join the knife and axe throwing while realising throwing of unusual objects.
- The fabrication of iron in a furnace with the association 3F3M.
The association 3F3M will propose again a demonstration of fabrication of iron in a furnace. This animation will allow you to understand how the ore was transformed into metal in the past. The extraction of the iron flawed will occur on Saturday August 5th between 4 and 6 pm.
Several craftsmen and blacksmiths will animate demonstrations of forge : the association Savoir Fer en Quercy, Alessandro SIMONETTI, Christophe MIKENDORFER, Gérard ALMUZARA, as well as the Belgian Knife Society (BKS).
- Demonstration of engraving
Once the blade made, it is time to get interested to the handle of the knife. Mali IRIÉ-CROS will show how she realises beautiful decorations while using the technic of engraving on metal.
- Demonstration of scrimshaw
Sonia LUST will animate a workshop of scrimshaw and will be present on the booth of the BKS to present her creations.
- Knife assembly
The Knife Guild LE THIERS® will propose to the public to discover the assembly of knives and the marking of blades through demonstrations. However, the public will be able to try this art!
- Demonstration of cutting
On the booth of the famous cutlery SAPHORES, the visitors will have the pleasure to observe and admire a demonstration of Japanese culinary cutting with the brand KAI.
Three prizes given during the show
- NEW: The competition of creation for young knife manufacturers – Sud-Ouest Prize
This competition allows young graduated from the CFA of Barbezieux to challenge themselves while assembling a Nontron knife in front of the public. The result of the competition will be given on Sunday August 6th at 5 pm on the set of honour and in front colleagues.
- The Prize Alexandre Salle
The Prize Alexandre Salle is given each year by François-Xavier Salle to the best beginner cutlery manufactuer of the festival. It is provided by the Passion des Couteaux and Mercorne.
Each year, the winner of the previous year realises the trophy for his successor.
In 2022, this is Alain CONESA who has obtained this prize.
- The competition of cutlery creation
For six years, the Knife Festival in partnership with the Experimental Pole of Arts and Crafts of Nontron and the the magazine La Passion des Couteaux organises a competition of cutlery creation. This year the theme is “My ideal kitchen knife”.
In 2022, the Coutellerie Nontronnaise, has obtained the prize on the theme « The ingenious recycled » with its knife « L’écolo nontronnais ».
A festive territory
- An arts and crafts market in the city of Nontron
The Knife Festival united to the Experimental Pole of Arts and Crafts of Nontron organises and arts and crafts market in the center of nontron. The craftsmen will propose their latest collections and will exchange with the public.
- A festive city and a meal with cutlery manufacturers
On Friday August 4th and Saturday August 5th in the evening, the entire city will be animated with several concerts and animations in bars and restaurants of the city centre.
On Friday August 4th in the evening, the public will benefit from a pop-rock concert in the bar Le Bacchus, Place Mérillon.
On Saturday August 5th at 8.30 pm this is the Club Sportif Nontronnais (rugby) who will propose a rock concert (cover of the French and English standards from the 70s and 80s) with the band « Série Limité ».
On August 5th, it will be the occasion to share a meal with some of the cutlery manufacturers avenue Louis Pasteur with a pork on a spit.
- Discovering Nontron
The Knife Festival allows the visitors to discover a city built in scale above the Bandiat valley with a green vegetation even in summer. Located in the Perigord-Limousin Regional Nature Reserve, this city is the ideal place for a walk in its wonderful landscape.
The cutlery manufacturers for the 2023 edition
- Boris ABARCA – Montpellier (34)
- Éric ALBARADO, Alba Knives – Lamothe-Capdeville (82)
- Christophe ANDRIAN – Le Chatelard (73)
- Sébastien ANIBALLE, Atelier Le Fil à la Patte – Coly-Saint-Amand (24)
- Paul ARELLA et Colette POPILARSKY – Aix-En-Provence (13)
- Adrien BOULMER – Vicq-sur-Gartempe (86)
- Timothée BERNARD, Atelier NÉVÉ – Thiers (63)
- Nicolas BERTET, La Forge de la Rivière – Couëron (44)
- Sylvain BERTHOMME, Farol – La Rochelle (17)
- Olivier BRIEY, Couteaux BK – Fleville-Devant-Nancy (54)
- Marc BLETTERY, BJB couteaux de Thiers – Arconsat (63)
- Frédéric BRONDEL, Moulin Brondel – La Seyne-sur-Mer (83)
- Jean-Yves BOURBEAU – Grenade (31)
- Philippe BOYER – Luynes (37)
- Philippe BOYRIE – Argelès-Gazost (65)
- Thierry CABANAC – Perigny (17)
- Raphael CALU – Arconsat (63)
- Christian CAMBOULIVES – Paunat (24)
- Pome CASTAGNIER, Mercorne – La Monnerie-le-Montel (63)
- Odile CARMASSI – Castelviel (33)
- Bruno CHAPERON – Saint-Arnoult-En-Yvelines (78)
- Pascal CHAMPETIER, Lumin’essences – Saint-Mathieu-de-Tréviers (34)
- Frédéric COLLIN – Pignan (34)
- Jean-Marc COUPERIER-COURSOLLE, Coutellerie Couperier Coursolle – Saint-Rémy-sur-Durolle (63)
- François CHAPUIS, Couteaux de François – Bucey-lès-Gy (70)
- Basile CHAUDRET, Le fer du roy – Saint-Amant-de-Boixe (16)
- Coutellerie Cognet – Thiers (63)
- Coutellerie Goyon-Chazeau – La Monnerie-le-Montel (63)
- Coutellerie Guy de Mont – Royan (17)
- Coutellerie Nontronnaise – Nontron (24)
- Bruno DAVID, Outsiders Knives – Nouméa (98)
- Dep-Dep – Peyzac-Le-Moustier (24)
- Thierry DESNOIX – Saint-Just (18)
- Éric DESSAPT, SARL Codef – Thiers (63)
- Ludovic DELILLE, Les forges du forez – Civens (42)
- Nicolas DUDOGNON – Châteauponsac (87)
- Mathieu DELANOY, MD Coutelier – Saint-Nazaire (44)
- Cédric DESTOMBE, L’atelier Caddarik – Bergerac (24)
- Olivier FAUCHIER – Saint-Pompont (24)
- Ianis FORTIN, Draco Forge – Gressey (78)
- Laurent GAILLARD – Saint-Sulpice-de-Roumagnac (24)
- Jacques GAILLARD – Bagnac-Sur-Célé (46)
- Yuri GERASIMOV et Alexandr MARUSHIN – Russie
- Serguey GOURALNICK, Artic Antiques GMBH – Allemagne
- Patrick GRAMMATICO, Locau – Palladuc (63)
- Jésus GRANDA – Saint-André-de-Seignanx (40)
- Joël GRANDJEAN – Cornimont (88)
- Gary HEADRICK, DMG – Juan-Les-Pins (63)
- Mali IRIE-CROS – Albi (81)
- Cyril KALISZ – Chenailler-Mascheix (19)
- Sébastien KAPS – Le Saulcy (88)
- Benjamin LARAUD, Laraud Blades – Thiers (63)
- Jean-Claude LAFORÊT – Arconsat (63)
- Bruno LAGARDE – Saint-Jean-en-Royans (26)
- Emmanuel LAPLACE, Atelier 1515 – Thiers (63)
- Lionnel LATASTE – Bazas (33)
- Rémi LAVIALLE, Lame de feu – Ribérac (24)
- Claude LANCEART, Art Keo – Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray (76)
- Jean-Baptiste LEVEQUE, JBL Couteaux – Hillion (22)
- Lionel LALAGÜE, Lalagüe Custom Knives – Bussière-Badil (24)
- Pierre LOBRY, Atelier du Pierro – Prignac (17)
- Silas MABILDE – Festes-et-Saint-André (11)
- Rémi MARCHAND, La forge de noger – Perpezac-Le-Blanc (19)
- Frédéric MARCHAND, Les couteaux de Fred M – Cressensac (46)
- Julien MARIA – Saint-Laurent-du-Var (06)
- Stéphane MARGOT, Le valet musté – Saint-Jean-de-Fos (34)
- David MARGRITA, MBull Knives – Marseille (13)
- Jean-Pierre MARTIN – Arles (13)
- Jean-Luc MILLECAMPS, Celtmen – Guenrouet (44)
- Christophe MOULAY – Genouillac (16)
- Benjamin MITTAY, L’atelier 39 – Châtelneuf (39)
- Valérie MARMOY – Belgique
- Virgilio MUNOZ – Curières (12)
- Laios NOEL, Atelier Altair – Saint-Jean-de-Rives (81)
- Roberto OTONELLO – Italie
- Olivier OUERTAL – Lasserre (31)
- Andrea PARAVICINI et Geoffroy GAUTIER, Lierande – Thiers (63)
- Christian PENOT – Savigny-sur-Orge (91)
- Sylvain PETIT, Les couteaux de Mitou – Saint-Bonnet-le-Château (42)
- Antoine PAULIN, Les couteaux de toine – Lombers (81)
- Laurent PLAZANET, Couteaux M – Savignac-Les-Églises (24)
- Thierry RAYNAL – Nègrepelisse (82)
- Yann RÉGIBIER, De la lame au pommeau – Bourgneuf (17)
- Luca RIGAILL, La passion damas – Gagny (93)
- Gilles REVERDY – Sury-en-Vaux (18)
- Farkad RASULOV – Saintes (17)
- Élise RICHARD, Coutellerie Duperré – La Rochelle (17)
- Nathalie ROBIN, Coutellerie du Cellois – Celles-sur-Durolle (63)
- Maxime ROSSIGNOL, la forge de Max – Arrennes (23) et Alain CONESA, Acier et cuir – Antignac (15)
- Stéphane SAGRIC et Roselyne PATEAU – Abzac (33)
- François-Xavier SALLE, couteauxjapon.fr – La Trinité (06)
- Michel SAPHORES, coutellerie Saphores – Bordeaux (33)
- Maxime SURJOUS – Villenave d’Ornon (33)
- Chantal TROCMÉ, atelier Côté cuir – Viré (71)
- Bastien TOUBHANS – Arconsat (63)
- Jérôme TRUCHARD – Saint-Savinien (17)
- Anne-Cécile TURQUETY, La Passion des Couteaux – Québriac (35)
- Pascal TURPIN – Fresnay-Sur-Sarthe (72)
- Stéphane ULHEN, la forge champartel – Boussac (23)
- Daniel VALLY – Golbey (88)
- Michel VAILLANT – Cluses (74)
- Jean-Pierre VEYSSEYRE – Thiers (63)
- Sylvain YTOURNEL, Les deux diables – La-Monnerie-le-Montel (63)
- Yanca ZDENEC – République Tchèque
- Yoann ZIEGLER, coutellerie Le sablier – Augerolles (63)
- 3F3M – Étouars (24)
- Belgian Knife Society – Belgique
10th Festival of forges and metalworking in Étouars – July 22 and 23 2023
In partnership with the Knife Festival, the association 3F3M organises the 10th Festival Forges and metalworking in Étouars, ten kilometres away from Nontron. The festival will welcome for this occsion, the Gaulois from Esse. The public will discover old and sometimes millenary technics of fabrication of bronze and iron in a furnace as well as the fabrication of cannons in a blast furnace. More than 20 craftsmen will create objects from the metals produces and will expose their work.